1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH36

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mheaford, Jul 20, 2004.

1. mheaford

mheaford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After reading several posts on here about how the 42WH36 had been superceded by the what many feel is the inferior WH46 model. I really wanted a set with component inputs so I searched around the web looking for a WH36 model and was surprised to see a number of places that said they had stock.

I started looking at some of these sites and the specifications did not always mention progressive scan and component input. I then went and checked Toshiba's website and this confused me even more as the brochure and specifications mentioned progressive scan and component input however the diagram of the connections only had scart & RF. I phoned Toshiba and asked them and they said (after checking the manual) that it does have component inputs.

Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered one (it was about £100 less than the WH46 model) but I wondered if anyone had heard about Toshiba taking component and re-releasing the WH36 as a budget model as it seems strange that after weeks of reading how it was discontinued and no one had stock of it to find a number of places that now do have stock (one place claiming to have had a large delivery of this model). I have also seen referenced here models ending with a P, does this make a difference?

Anyone want to put my mind at rest?