1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH36 RPTV- Any Good???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Cag, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thinking of buying one. Are they any good for PQ on Sky+ & DVD.
    is there anything I should worry about if I buy one!!!

Thanks
    Cag

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Your best bet is to find a local shop (Currys or the like) and have a look - don't be scared to take your DVD player with you, if the shop is quiet, the sales staff will often leave you to play with it by yourself. Using your own DVD player (or games console) and your favourite DVDs is invaluable for judging how the telly will really perform. Picture quality is a very subjective thing and one person's meat is almost always another person's poison.

3. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anybody have one or have any comments on whether they are worth getting. Obviously I will hunt one out to see what it's like but pos feedback is always good

4. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I have a 51WH36 and it produces a nice image, better than (in general, especially with cable) my previous screen a panasonic 42PWD6 plasma there are a few problems with it, ie the noticable band, well noticable when the image is bright and panning, you see a slight change of brightness going down the center of the screen, this is supposed to be due to masking tape. and the fact that it will need setting up, ie focus doing and convergence etc if you want the best possible image, which is good and bad, good because you can do it, unlike other screens ie most CRTs and plasmas (well plasma dont need focus etc doing :) ) but bad because it will need redoing over time.
    But in general the screen is good, has a good horizonal viewing angle the vertical isnt as good but isnt bad. The screen has good brightness, doesnt look washed out like you see when in the shops, and the convergence when i got it was good. The focus on mine is out slightly, mostly the blue, which i have been saying i will sort out soon, but haven't got up the nerve to take apart the tv and void the 5 year warranty (thats if the notice) that i got :)

5. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi, i just go my 42WH36 and i'm amzed at the pic! Way much better then anything i had bought well worth the money!
    Buy it!