1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH36, Remote problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by toadie, Jan 22, 2005.

1. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I've had the above TV for about 13 months now, and a strange problem just started about an hour ago.

I pressed the volume up on the remote control once, and the volume and the numbers just kept going higher and higher. Also happens the otherway round too when I try and decrease the sound.

So at 1st I thought it was dying batteries, so I changed these, and no difference. The I remember I had a spare remote for my tv, tried the new batteries in this and still nothing.

I'm finding this very very strange indeed. I also tried pressing the up tv programe, and this then went up and just kept going round and round through the channels until I pressed it again.

All the other buttons seem fine, although extremly slow indeed. A bit like the stupid remote you get with NTL that seems to freeze.

Anybody else had this problem, or know how to fix. Or am I going to need to call an engineerer out.

Thanks in advance,

Mart...

ps. I tried the buttons on the side on the TV itself and that was fine, so i'm assuming theres something dodgy going on with the infra signal or chip etc etc.

2. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Weird, seems to have sorted its slelf out now. Thanks !