1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42wh36 flickers ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wheelbarrow_man, Mar 14, 2004.

1. wheelbarrow_man

wheelbarrow_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently took delivery of one of these rear projection tv's
    and my first impression is not good AT ALL.

Evey few seconds it seems to flicker horizontally across the screen.

This seems to happen on dvd's and NTL cable and it's bloody annoying.

I am connecting the dvd and cable box via a good quality scart lead but not only do I get the flicker, the picture itself is a big let down.

One of the dvd players I have as component sockets so I could look into that avenue, but the cable box as no other option other than scart.

Is there a fault with the tv even though it's less than a week old?

I have been through the screen res and all that but to no avail.

PLEASE someone help, otherwise it's going back and I will have to save up for a 36inch "normal tv"

If this is the sort of image you expect from RP's then personally they deserve to be scraped.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong but I have very little hair left!!!

Gaz

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thats a bit harsh........
    I have had my RPTV for over a year now and am very happy with it.
    The Picture is not as sharp as a normal CRT, but it is just as clear.
    i prefer the PQ of RPTV's over normal CRT's, as i think it looks more film like.
    I have never heard of or seen this flickering you are talking about, but i would suggest you get a Tosh engineer out to have a look, as it does not sound good.

I think it's a bit early for you to be spitting the dummy out, if you have just got it.
    I know its not good to get something new and have probs, but it happens........its just one of life's little upsets and everyone gets them at one time or the other.
    If you think of how much abuse these things get in the warehouse and then on the back of a delivery van, i am surprised that there are not more that are knackered.

Calm down and get an engineer out.

3. wheelbarrow_man

wheelbarrow_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris, Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when they have just stumped up almost a grand on a new tv and it turns out to develope a fault after 5 days then I think I have every right to "Throw my dummy out"

It's alright getting an engineer out ....But after 5 DAYS?

seems like I will end up with a duffer as I always tend to.

You seem to be a knowledgeable chap on these from reading your posts so could you tell me or recommend the best config?

Mind you the DVD player is a Sanyo AVD8501

My kids have a Cyberhome and that does have component sockets but will I notice a "Big Difference"?

4. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If its only 5 days old then you should be able to get it replaced.
    You normally get 7 days, to get a replacement or a refund.

The NTL and DVD should work ok with scart leads, plugged into AV1, RGB and there should not be any flickering like you mention.

Once you play with these things for a few days, you will be surprised how good it can look...........most people that come to my house, comment on how good the picture looks and how they never look like that in the shop's.
    So get it replaced and hopefully you should be a happy chappy, with the replacement.