Toshiba 42WH18B Service Menu Default Settings?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tk2001, Mar 22, 2002.

1. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Recently I tinkered around with the service menu on my WH18B to acheive perfect convergence for my RP TV and I DID write the default settings down before I changed them.

Well the bad use is that for some reason I am unable to find those default settings and Toshiba has just sent me an offer to extend my warranty to an additional 4 year which I can't apply for because I changed my service menu default settings and are unable to set them back.

Does anyone out there know where I can obtain the service menu defaults for this particular RP TV set?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    I wouldnt worry about it.
    When i spoke to a service guy at toshiba about mine, he told me there are no default settings, not on the rptv's , they have a basic setting that they flash the board with but then they are all adjusted manually.
    mine was the model before , unless it has changed , I think you'll be fine.

3. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) There are NO universal default service menu settings for the TV. Every TV is different.
    2) Nobody will be able to tell the difference if you changed it or not. Why ? See point #1 :D

4. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    So should still go ahead and purchase the additional 4 years warranty fot my RP TV set for £150 KNOWING FULL WELL that I changed some of my service menu settings?

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £150 is a lot of money for something that might not be required, these tv's are generally quite reliable. Will you still have it in four years time given the rate that technology changes and something more desirable will come along within that time? Does your household insurance not cover such things?