1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42PW32P advice needed please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LoZ69, Jun 10, 2002.

1. LoZ69

LoZ69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I'm hoping someone may be able to help!

I am looking at buying a Toshiba 42PW32P 42" RP TV. I am a bit of a newb in the area and have probably not spent enough time checking things out. Toshiba seem to have a very good name and I have found a good price for it (£1152).
    Can anyone offer advice on whether this is an ok TV to buy, and whether the price I have found it at is any good?

2. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought a 42PW23P about a month ago and so far have not had any problems. Before this model I had a 32" 100Hz CRT which I returned due to the geometry on the set not being what I expected for £1000. So for the extra £160 I went for the Toshiba and have no regrets at all, it is only a 50 Hz set but I can't tell the difference anyway.

3. LoZ69

LoZ69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the reply JIT. I was a bit worried about the TV only being 50Hz but I went to my local Comet and checked out the picture. I thought it was great, much better than the Sonys sitting next to it for £1000s more. (except the 50" Plasma!)

I've placed an order for the TV through qed-uk.com so I guess I'll see what happens from now.

Thanks again.