1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 42pw23p screen replacement

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by clown5091, Mar 21, 2004.

1. clown5091

clown5091

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have the toshiba 42pw23p and i have my centre speker on top but I was moving my room round and the centre speker fell off and damaged the front plastic sceen and now i have a big scratch in it and it show quite badly when watching what i would like to know is how much it would cost to get a replacement and it fited because it quite off puttin
    any help would be good
    thanks si

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you ring Toshiba they will advise you of one of their service centres. (I know there is one in Swindon but can't remember their name)

A screen will cost you about £400 fitted and I would advise you get a good engineer to do the job. It is quite difficult to get the screen to the correct "tightness" all the way across, without any sagging!!

I have done it by putting loads of magazines on the floor and fitting the screen face down.

Give Toshiba a ring though and get someone else to do it, especially as you can have the mirror/crt's cleaned at the same time!

Regards