1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42inch Plasma - problem (maybe)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TurboTomato, Jan 6, 2005.

1. TurboTomato

TurboTomato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Right first off, I bought a Toshiba 42 inch plasma about a week and a half ago from a well known retailer (not naming yet ;) ). Apologies, but I do not have the model number to hand, but I'll get it tomorrow. Anyway, I have finally got it set up after moving into a new house. The retailer I bought it from told me that it was essentially a re-badged Panasonic plasma, and looking at it it had one of the best pictures of all the plasmas hanging on the wall, regardless of price. The only one they had left was the display model so I took that at a small discount

It came with no inputs apart from a monitor input and rather than spending the £150 or so for a single input with scart the guy advised me to buy a Daewoo receiver as that would give me a TV receiver as well as a number of other inputs (scart etc). So I went with that

Last night I connected my PS2 via one of the scarts on the tuner and stuck on GTA SA :cool: But there is a problem... it seems where you have a yellow colour next to a dark one there seems to be a lighter colour inbetween slightly - as if the darker colour is 'glowing' slightly (does this make sense?)

I don't have a way of telling if it's the Daewoo box or not as I can't connect the PS2 directly to the TV to compare, though I have another TV I can connect the PS2 to to make sure it is not that or its scart cable. The DVD player that is connected via scart to the box seems to be suffering very slightly as well, but its hard to tell

Any advice people? I could return the Daewoo box and/or the screen, but lets just say *ahem* the screen could be rather a lot of hassle with the car that I drive :laugh:

TT

2. DuncanP

DuncanP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it back! :lesson: The only one time I bought something that had been on dispaly in a shop it had a fault (an amp, that I thought would be a safe bet).

If it's been on display it is in reality second hand... that's what ebay is for. There's no point in saving a few pounds when you're spending thousands . :)

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    DAEwoo tuner is a load of rubbish mate scrap it and get either the scart board or get a JS RGB>VGA box

4. TurboTomato

TurboTomato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much fiddling about last night, trying to connect various things through other things, I came to a similar conclusion. There was a particular scene on a DVD that I was using as a test and when I lugged my PC downstairs, connected it as a monitor and the played the DVD through that and went to the same scene it was fine. This suggests that the plasma is fine to me...

hornydragon, where can I can get a JS (short for something, or me being stupid?) RGB>VGA box? And how much is it likely to cost? Will it give me a couple of scart sockets for my DVD/Sky? I will return the Daewoo receiver at the weekend

Much appreciated!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215