1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42H83- I need some help tackling convergence in the service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by revolverjgw, Jan 30, 2005.

1. revolverjgw

revolverjgw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV is a Toshiba 42H83 (I hope this is the right place to post this in, I don't see an RPTV-dedicated section). Basically, I just want to manually adjust the 56 point convergence, nothing more. The 9 point just won't cut it, for obvious reasons. I'm very happy with my picture, but I know it can be better. I want to make it as good as possible without resorting to an actual ISF calibration or any sort of physical surgery.

I have run across some fairly detailed explanations of service mode procedures, like this thread for example...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97056

...but something always throws me off. In this case, I don't know if the procedure is the same for my model.

Anybody here have experience with this model, or Toshiba RPTVs in general (I think they all follow a sort of standard regarding this issue, right? All the remotes look similar)? Are there any links to procedures specific to Toshiba RPTVs like this? On these boards or elsewhere. I want to know what to expect when I get in there, and what I should watch out for. I'm quite paranoid about doing this, but I'm going to bite the bullet, ha.