1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 420 help needed.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JIT, Apr 18, 2003.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK, since the Toshiba player prices are coming down at the moment i'm thinking of going for a 420 but i need it to output Pal 50 for use with an old tv. I'm currently using a Cyberhome which can do this fine on my tv but before buying the Toshiba i'd just like to confirm that it will work ok. I've done a search finding differing opinions about Pal 50 and Pal 60 as to which the Toshiba outputs NTSC discs as.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I've got this player and can vouch for its quality as a source. I posted a thread on this subject ages ago and the result was that it DOES output PAL 50 according to this site:

http://www.dvdmagic.net/t420.html

If you do a search in the forums for Toshiba sd420e the thread'll come up, I started it and posted most recently so you should be able to find it, can't remember how to link to it though, sorry!

Unfortunately I havn't got the manual to hand so can't check this out properly for you.

Hope this helps

John

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure it was Pal 50 for sure. This means i can use it with an old tv i have plus my Toshiba RPTV which accepts component input.