Toshiba 42"XV or Sony V3000 or a sammy?

FastFazer

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi guyz/gals.

I have been looking over the 42 inchers recently, mostly interested in the above trio.

I would be using for pc desktop and media, xbox 360 and ps3 (bluray flicks)
Just can make my mind up! I think the sony is the safest bet myself, having read the tosh is a possible LG/philips panel (is that true?) but I liked the sound of the game mode is had.
I already have a samsung and a sony S series 40" - so know what to expect, but still pondering.
The 1:1 hdmi pixel mapping on the tosh sounds ideal, and I dont know if the sony or sammy will do it??????

Sony and sammy also do 1:1,really difficult choice between the sony and tosh

thanks for the info - indeed i agree, my inner thoughts suggest the older sony. but the specs on the xv look great, as does the thin bezel and the extra 2 inches!:suicide:

In the end I would suggest you to go on a good AV STORE and compare them and get the one you like more

The thing that concerns me the most, apart from the fact the tosh is assembled in the UK :oops:
And the progress the LG/philips have made since I tried an LG screen a while ago now, and returned it - the desktop looked great but when running xbox games over component on ghost recon for example the sun was so overbright it distored the rest of the image.

is the toshy likely to be a polished up LG screen? if so the sony is tempting me more.

Yeah seems like the XV panels are S-IPS(LG panels if it helps)

Ha ha you end up paying more than you intended....tell us how you find it

yup, always the way.

The 40" was a steal at £600 odd, but I have a 40" S series already.
Thats moving into the front room, the new one is for daddy and his games/pc/movies room :)

That naughty toshy was placed perfectly to put me off, 42" and cheaper.
But it lost the fight, I went and checked the sets out locally. it was evident the toshy had a ever so slightly worse viewing angle, although I loved its picture frame.
The 40 and 46 sonys where side by side, and six inches really does make a difference - honest missus :oops:

£1000 for a sexy sony 46" - cant grumble.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom