toshiba 42 plasma price lowerd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jmack, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just noticed that www.nexnix.co.uk have lowerd there price on the toshiba 42wp16 to £2875 + vat
    if anyone intrested
    is there a reason for the drop ie. new model out soon

2. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Toshiba are launching a new model soon, but it is going to be based on (or an exact clone of) the NEC MP3 and not a Panasonic Clone like the current 42WP16.
    I think the price you've seen is just an indication of the Plasma price drops going on and I'm sure we will see this type of quality 42" 852x480 plasma panel available for £2999 including VAT by christmas (if not before).

3. Navarre

Navarre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not that far from £2999 already. I've just got the Panny TH42PW4 from Sound and Vision for £3100 inclusive of VAT and delivery, also got 12 months buy now pay later. The guy I bought from was George, spot on guy, very informative. Let me have a good play in the shop, nothing was too difficult for them to do.
    The plasma is due for delivery tomorrow afternoon, along with a new DVD player, cannot wait :D

Prices are coming down fast and these may drop slightly further in the next couple of weeks, as the new model becomes available.

Dave

4. prusling

prusling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That's a great price assuming it included the connector card - please can you provide contact details.

Cheers, Peter

5. Navarre

Navarre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This price included the RCA card for direct connection to component. Their telephone number is 01204 861861, hope you can get one.

6. CrumpetMan

CrumpetMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do they have a website?

7. Navarre

Navarre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No website , I think but they are in the major HIFI and Cinema magazines. I bought from them 4 or 5 years ago, so they have been around for a while.

8. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a note guys I think sound and vision are great and Gaeorge is a top man wont go into many deatils but the boss there simon falls over backwads for his customers and George offered to come and do the install for me on my panny 50 inch plasma in his own time because of another error , Try getting that at empire direct !!!

9. Navarre

Navarre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to this, they messed up slightly on my new DVD, wouldn't be chipped until Monday. They have now agreed to let me have the new Tosh 520 when released in 2 weeks for the same price as the older 510 ie £299. Great customer service!!!!