1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 42 inch rear projection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bigsinky, Aug 30, 2003.

1. bigsinky

bigsinky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok bought one of these for a real good price. my only problem is what the fudge do i now put my B&W CC6 centre speaker. speaker is 12x18 and can't fit on top of the telly anymore.

Can anyone suggest and alternative to setting it on the floor in front of the tv.

The tv is 116 cm high. could i use an adjustable speaker stand and set the speaker behind the tv at 116 cm high. this means the centre dialogue channel will be about 18 - 24 inches further away.

any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

Big Sinky

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would place the centre in front of the RP on a little speaker stand, so the centre is just below the screen.

I've done the same, as my Kef 200 is too heavy for the top as well.

You could also buy a single wall mount speaker bracket (ie a L-shaped version) and place that above the TV. You'll need to use the distance & channel adjustment to once moved though (my processor allows the centre to be further or closer apart than the mains)- which my previous processor didn't do. Check yours is the same.

3. bigsinky

bigsinky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bought an adjustable speaker stand that goes to 120 cm. the sony 940 allow distance on the centre speaker. the cc6 is now about 18 inches behind the tv at a high if 116 cm. sounds good btw

cheers

big sinky