1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 40pw8db

Discussion in 'TVs' started by boomy33, Aug 23, 2005.

1. boomy33

boomy33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys
    i have this modle of toshiba tv the problem i have is there is 3 bars running down the screen,right in the middle they are about 3" long and 3 or 4 milimeters wide one is red one is blue the other is a green/yellow any idears as to what this is or how/if it can be fixed
    thanks for any help guys

2. Lion

Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    you might get a better response in the television forum as this forum is for dlp rear pro and your set is crt rear pro,
    however I just found this review of your set...

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/rev...hiba40PW8DB.php?action=setwidth&NewSiteWidth=

quote...

"Standing up near the set reveals a weird rainbow of colours at the bottom of the screen, caused by the three colour beams from the picture tubes. I've not seen this effect on other rear projection sets, and can only assume it's caused by the angle of the projector being made too acute in an effort to reduce the depth of the TV cabinet (just 406.5mm). To be fair I couldn't spot the colour beams when watching from a normal viewing angle, but I couldn't help but wonder if the acuteness of the projection angle wasn't at least partly to blame for some of the convergence problems"

unquote.

:)

3. boomy33

boomy33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate, sorry for wrong post can this be moved or do i repost

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member