Toshiba 40PW8DB RPTV - Internal Cleaning

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by miketango75, Aug 26, 2004.

1. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had the above television for 5 years now. It still works great and I'm very happy with it. However it really needs an internal clean...

Particularly when the set is showing just a blue screen it's very easy to notice that there are tiny flies, dust and several cat hairs being displayed (and magnified).

I've never cleaned anything inside and suspect that I'll notice a huge difference if I can actually do it. I understand that the three guns and mirror is where attention is needed.

Can anyone advise (preferably step by step!) how to access the items that need cleaning ? I've just taken the large speaker grill covering the bottom half off. I then removed a piece of black hardboard. This did reveal the internal bits but unfortunately it's all underneath where I need to be (I can the see the very bottom of the three guns).

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

2. Mikeg247

Mikeg247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Ian,
    Check Here
    It's for a different model number, but shows how to remove the screen etc.
    Hope this helps
    Mike

3. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that.

My set it different to the one in the link although seems to be constructed in a vaguely similar way.

However, as per the link, at part 4 it mentions that 10 screws need removing from behind the screen. On my set I have 8. I have quickly removed one and it is only about 1 cm long. The depth of the screen section is about 10 cm deep though...I've taken a quick piccie but can't seem to paste it here ???

Ian