1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 40PW03B vs Toshiba 43PJ93B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by xedc1, Jul 19, 2001.

1. xedc1

xedc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking @ both these models from Tosh but don't know which to go for. :confused: The 43PJ will set me back £1,200 the 40PW £1,050.

1) Is there any difference in the picture quality or performance of these 2 sets?

2) When viewing terrestrial tv on the 40PW is there a smart or wide feature that will fill the screen, and does it have any negative effect on the picture quality? + Does this model have noise reduction?

3) When viewing dvd's on the 43PJ does the 16:9 feature effect picture quality? + Will all of a 2.35:1 format picture be displayed?

4) Given the cost of the two sets on offer does anyone have an opinion on which offers the best value for money and why?

Cheers, :D

Dan. ;)

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I own the 40PW03. I think the picture is great. While watching terrestrial TV the wide mode fills the screen and yes it has noise reduction which helps poor signals. If you are looking at a 40"+ TV make sure you have a really well set up arial or ideally sky / cable digital.