Toshiba 40pw03 picture 'bending'

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stevegreen, Oct 8, 2001.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Don't know if anyone can throw any light on this.

I have the Tosh 40" widescreen and have recently noticed that on the right hand bottom of the screen i get a 'dip' on the display.

Difficult to explain really but if i get a solid line acroos the screen it dips quite horribly towards the right hand side of the screen. I have called out the engineers to sort this out as well as to fine tune my convergence, but i was wondering if anyone had any idea what this might be and will it be able to be fixed?

As the set is still under warrany, am i looking at getting a new set?

Apart from this, i love the thing!!! ;)

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    They will be able to fix it with the convergence menu. You can initially alter the green signal to get good geometry, and then align the red and blue signals to the green. This should give a crisp image with great geometry.

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Thanks Carl.

I did go into the service menu after reading a post on the subject in this forum but i have to say that i made a very sharp exit as it confused the hell out of me!!

Best to call the experts out and leave it to them methinks!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This sounds like a problem with the geometry to me. There are settings in the service menu that will make it better, though it may not be possiblt to eliminate curvature completely.

My 40WH08B also has some curvature. It was fixed by an engr on one of the others I had I watched him fiddle with some menus to do it.

If you do not want to adjust it yourself (and you would be wise not to) ask your dealer to send someone around to do it. It's a pretty simple procedure.

Cheers
    Daz