1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 40pw03 Convergence/Service Menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stevegreen, Dec 27, 2001.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Right here we go............

First off, I know how to set up the convergence on this tv using the service menu but i have two questions that i need answered:

1. Once you have entered the service menu and made the adjustments to the convergence do you have to put the set on standby and then enter the service menu again to adjust 'pal wide to others' or can you get back to the menu by using a combination of keys on the remote? If you can re-enter the menu without going into standy and re-entering the menu that way what is the combination of keys to do this?

2. when you change inputs during normal use you get a 'ext1/2/3' in the top right hand corner of the screen (to tell you what channel you are on!! obviously) EXT 1 and two have perfect converhence but EXT3 has poor convergence. EXT3 is the channel i use to watch DVD's and its annoying the hell out of me that i notice the convergence more than the film! Is this a faul or have i not set the convergence up correctly (see above)

Just one other point, is it advisable to site my sub away from the TV, ie can this vibration affect the convergence of the set over time?

Bit of a techie question but i know there are some knowledgable people out there who can help.

Thanks very much in advance :)

2. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had 2 of these this year,after 7 months of "discussions" with respect to my complaints i got the money back and purchased a tompson 44incher,although the picture is not quite as sharp as the tosh,i just couldnt watch it because of convergence problems
    Thats a bit of background,iIwas unable to watch because,as you look at t.v.
    there was a band of blue stretching a 1/3 away across the screen giving blue shadows and on the left the same but with red shadows, made watching b/white programs impossible I never got into the service menus but had 5 engineers out from mastercare who spent hours trying to set the tv up.as i said they finally wrote the tv off, ive a post under tvs "tompson convergence problem" and maybe its a problem with proj tvs in general
    if i can rememeber scart 1 is the rgb,socket and i always ran my dvd thro this,although i cant help with the tec side,maybe you have the same problems that i had ?
    hope you get sorted

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Thanks for the reply........

I actually got this sorted last night after trawling through the discussion boards and getting the answers to my questions from previous posts.

I spent about an hour re-converging the set and now have a pin perfect picture on all my channels. It was most noticable at the start of my Star Trek Generations DVD as it starts with a 'star field' in the background and some of these were displayed as a white dot with a red dot above it. After the adjustment they now show as just white dots, as they should be.

I'm still a bit concerned that my sub may be affecting the aligment of of guns so i think i'm going to buy a longer lead and re-locate my sub to the other side of the room. :cool:

4. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try your sub at the back of your room thats where my settee is ie opposite the screen directly,youll also get a better shake if its close to your settee,i did have my sub about 3 foot away from the tosh,could have been some of the problem Happy Viewing

5. IMF

IMF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So how did you get out of it exactly??? Did you manage to copy the settings to other screens???