Toshiba 40" LCD 'halo' on screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by patomlin76, Jul 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. patomlin76

patomlin76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. patomlin76

patomlin76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

New around here but hoping someone can provide some assistance with this issue.

I have recently had the TV repaired for a failed backlight issue (sound but no image). This has been fixed by a company in Leeds and is fine. However yesterday I noticed a white halo about 2 inches in diameter in the top left hand part of the screen, but NOT on the edge. No amount of pressure changes it in any way.

All my internet searches have returned results about clouding and bleeding light from the edges, but this is not that! It is most clear when against a light background (as per image attached), and less noticeable on a dark background, or when its on standby.

Is this something to do with the backlight repair, i.e. a stray LCD or a screw in too tight, or is it unrelated? If so is it fixable?!

Thanks for any help in advance! TV is a Toshiba L1333B 40 Inch LCD TV. The halo in question can be seen above the houses in the sky on the left hand side of the image - it looks like a hazy sun!. The iPhone camera has exaggerated the appearance - it's slightly duller in appearance in real life.