• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 40" LCD - Cantilever Bracket Installation

dezzy

Standard Member
Hi,

I want to fix a 40" LCD to my wall using a cantilever bracket - old house so it's "stone" not plasterboard.

Firstly, a recommended local fitter said he would only usually fit TVs 32" and less using cantilevers...is this the case and is there a truth to his concern?

Secondly, how much would it normally cost to fit this TV/Bracket no including hidden wiring? If two people can I not offer to help TVs in place etc. to reduce cost??

I had a quote of £95 - but the bracket itself was only £55. (I'm in Cardiff)

Thanks

neilball

Cantilever brackets arefinefor evenlarge screens providing they are designed for the weight of the screen and fixed to wall properly. With larger screeens it does pay to buy a well engineered bracket that allows plenty of adjustment and will not sag - you don't want a screen that is nice and level when back against the wall but then dips when you pull out the screen.

£95 for fitting is not bad imo providing the contractor is fully insured and knows how to treat the screen properly to avoid damage. While it is less than an hours work he still has to travel etc.

vex

The ONLY brackets I use are from two manufacturers, ranging from £200 upwards for a screen of that size.

Quality is excellent, no sag or slip, nice easy movement, especially as you go up the price range.

At £95.00 for the install I would bite his hands off. But would not expect anything special or things thrown in.

V.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
LOL cardiff eh... cheap cantilevers don't work, stone walls (proper stone?) can be a nightmare as the mortar is weak and can crumble easily, also tend not be flat..... it can be done.

Why a cantilever? but £95 what are they going to use to fix it? No8 wood screws? Have got 50"+ on the cantilevers on the bracket (also screen size is irrelevant its the weight some of the new LCD's weigh nothing (47" LG is 17kg less than a 21" CRT......)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom