Toshiba 4:3 or 16:9???

F

fabrinelli

I am looking to buy a Rear Pro set in the next couple of weeks (unfortunately on finance terms) and am unsure whether to go with the Toshiba 42PW23 or Toshiba 43VJ22.

I know that for movies widescreen is undoubtedly the way to go but I can't help liking the 4:3 set. I would use the TV only 10% for movies and the rest for normal telly, so baring in mind I'd be watching mostly normal telly what do people think? All advice is appreciated.

Oh and the choice is purely between these two sets (due to budget).

Cheers!

Depends what you mean by 'normal telly'. The vast majority of output from the major BBC and ITV channels is now broadcast in 16x9 via the digital platforms and 16x9 IS the way of the future.

So, my opinion is - go for the 16x9 set, and accompany it with a freeview box (etc).

Originally posted by nigel
Depends what you mean by 'normal telly'. The vast majority of output from the major BBC and ITV channels is now broadcast in 16x9 via the digital platforms and 16x9 IS the way of the future.

And don't forget most of what the Beeb broadcast on analogue appears to be in 14:9 these days too...

Cheers-pretty much what I thought.

Gonna go order the widescreen version now then settle down to listen to Hereford United beat Peterborough on the radio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom