TOSHIBA 37Z3030DB or PHILIPS 37PFL9632D/10

G

gr1688

Which LCD should I get the, TOSHIBA 37Z3030DB or PHILIPS 37PFL9632D/10, I haven't bought anything Philips in a long time, but seem to remember I had a few problems with their gear, is it any better, which is the best of these two lcd's

any help appreciated

Depends what you are going to use on the LCD, most Philips TV's do not have VGA for PC's/XBox360's etc.

Both excellent sets, only thing that puts me off the 9632 is input lag in games which is noticeable mostly in FPS.

Toshiba z series is a great set too with less noticeable lag better than the 9632, all LCD's suffer some lag just 9632 is the worse.

SD better on 9632, HD performance very similar but the toshiba z series is cheaper it's the one im leaning towards but i'm taking my time reading up on them which i advise you to do, do as much research as possible, buy LCD/home cinema magazines and goto currys to have a look also.

Cheers for the replies, it's actually a gift for my mum and dad so no games boxes will be put through it, my mum watches a lot of TV so this is probably the most important factor

Both excellent sets, only thing that puts me off the 9632 is input lag in games which is noticeable mostly in FPS.

Toshiba z series is a great set too with less noticeable lag better than the 9632, all LCD's suffer some lag just 9632 is the worse.

SD better on 9632, HD performance very similar but the toshiba z series is cheaper it's the one im leaning towards but i'm taking my time reading up on them which i advise you to do, do as much research as possible, buy LCD/home cinema magazines and goto currys to have a look also.

This lag thing comes up time and time again. Either I have a better 9632 than everyone else or I'm really good at FPS, because I have no problems at all, played a PS3 on a CR yesterday then straight on to mine on the Philips - no difference at all to me.

The lag is about 1 tenth of a second ( I timed it myself using the laptop) - do you know how little that is? IGN say the worst offenders have 5 tenths of a second lag in comparison. I would notice that. But if another TV has say 0.7 tenths of a second lag, next to the Philips' 1.2 tenths, I wouldn't know the difference.

I tested my own reaction times yesterday using a comp. program and that is anywhere between 2 tenths and 4.5 tenths of a second, so the extra 1 tenth - could really care less. Some people say they can notice and it affects their game performance, but my perfomance has improved in the week I have had this TV - I'm really kicking butt on COD4 and on Uncharted (single player), and Resistance.

I would say bottom line is this - if you prefer the Philips for every other reason, don't let the lag put you off - not least until you have tested it yourself.

Cheers for the replies, it's actually a gift for my mum and dad so no games boxes will be put through it, my mum watches a lot of TV so this is probably the most important factor

In light of that, ignore everything I said :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom