Toshiba 37Z3030- dissapointing

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nikonuser11, Jan 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nikonuser11

nikonuser11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    Hi all

after extensive research the Tosh 37Z3030 got my vote as the tech spec was high, 100hz processing, full HD at 1080p etc etc.
    However my picture is grainy and a bit blocky, its bright and from a few yards away looks a nice picture but its not sharp or crystal clean like I expected. Aerial and reception are excellent, tv company here today and said I wont get any better with this spec TV!! ***! my 10 year old Panny on analogue is better.
    Thinking its the aerial I got a Denon 1940 upscaling DVD player and an ixus £80 HDMI cable, still a grainy picture, blacks occasionaly distort but not pixelated and thats with 720, 1080i and 1080p, I see no diffrence with any.

Any ideas please, its getting me down that I spend all this money and go backwards in viewing pleasure.

thanks

2. tippa2

tippa2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we received our 42Z3030 on friday, the picture was initially grainy and blocky, but hubby has had a fiddle around with the settings (sorry dont know which ones, im not very techy), the picture on SD is great now, we also got a PS3 and watched POTC2 on blu-ray, that was an amazing picture, we are yet to be hooked up to HD, will be upgrading in the next couple of weeks.
    HTH
    :)

3. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    No offence...but :eek::eek:

I agree you really should be getting a much better picture quality than what you state.
    Very few tv's look good straight out of the box,and all of them can be improved with changing the original settings(some very significantly so),although this can take some time with trial and error etc.

4. nikonuser11

nikonuser11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    thanks for the replies,

@Tippa2, any chance you could post your settings which might help us all, however, I cant see just tweaking the contrast/colour etc making a difference, it looks like a setting needs to be changed for pal to ntsc or something like that, know what I mean? a dramatic setting change or throw the 'perfect hd picture' switch:rolleyes:

5. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    If running from a cable TV or Sky box as source, ensure you have enabled RGB output, use an RGB-compliant cable and ensure signal is going into an RGB-Compliant scart socket on the TV (If using Scart of course). Friend was disappointed in his Toshiba til I provided this advice and it solved things for him.

Let me know if this sorts it out.

Cheers,

Dan.