Toshiba 37X3030DB or...37WLT68

Mikoyan

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so the 37X3030DB has true 1080P and Active Vision processing but no 100hz...

The 37WLT68 has M100 but no 1080P

Im really confused and feel like crying lol...:rotfl:

What would you experts go for? 100hz/1080i or....50hz/1080p?:rolleyes:

Can anyone also give me advantages or disadvantages of each?:lesson:

Thanks alot!!

Herman:smashin:

Good question. I will watch films far mroe than sport so I'm assuming the 1080p benefit will be much more important and tangible (for Blu Ray) than the 100Hz ability.

At 37", you'd be dead wrong.

It's the general consensus that you need at least 42" to get any benefit from displaying at 1080 lines. Also upscaling SD to 1080 makes the picture much worse than upscaling it to 720 - 1080 SD upscalers just aren't there yet, especially in the smaller sets.

M100 makes a massive difference to PQ, especially sports and fast action.

wow thanks for the info .....I never knew that you dont benefit from 1080p less than 40inches!!! :thumbsup:

I guess I will benefit more from the 100hz:lesson:

Would basically be using it for SD, maybe a few dvd's and my nintendo wii...so should i go for the 100hz and not the 1080P for this criteria of use?

thanks!!! :hiya:

The consensus would seem to suggest yes.

Also don't forget that DVDs are still SD material! They are the same resolution as PAL freeview broadcasts.

I bought my set purely based on SD performance as I believe it's the best SD performer available at this time.

Good thread, same dillema here also...

I to will be predominantly looking at SD via Freeview and Xbox 360 and Wii games...

I think the 100hz sounds more important that the 1080p right now for my needs and a 37" sized screen - so the wlt68 sounds better for me... But the X looks so nice..!!!

This is a decision I've been wrestling with too (in addition to considering the upcoming Z series)!

It certainly seems to be a recurring view that 1080 is kind of lost on anything below 42", which would suggest that the 100hz is the better option, especially if you're planning to watch a fair amount of SD.

Think it's also worth mentioning that the WLT68 range offer 3x HDMI ports, as opposed to the 2x HDMI with the X range. Going with the extra HD connection seems like a sensible, forward thinking bonus to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom