Toshiba 37X3030D best price?

DEV^S

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

im purchasing the Toshiba 37X3030D for a friend and trying to find the best price/deal for her. ive seen with Dixons Online that i can get it for £734.86 delivered.

i wanted to get it price matched with John Lewis to get 5 years warranty, but supposedly they dont price match with Online Retailers. This true?

Anyone got any better offers? with stand/hd-dvd player? or even price?

I, personally, feel that it is worth spending a little bit extra and getting your TV from John Lewis to take advantage of their 5 year guarantee.

With that in mind, I believe the best current price is a PM from Empire Direct at £799.99 + £25 delivery, making it £824.99 (which is what I paid last week for one).

Very occasionally, JL at Cheadle or Trafford have a short term price drop on this TV (presumably a local PM), and I just missed out on getting it for £799 delivered, but I feel it is well worth pauing the extra £90 above the Dixons price for the guarantee and also the excellent JL customer service.

You can either phone JL and ask them to pricematch, or do as I did, e-mail the undersales team at your local JL store and ask for a price match against Empire Direct.

I simply gave them the JL stock code, the company I wanted them to PM with and ED's phone number (0870.....).

They e-mailed me back next day agreeing to the PM and gave me a code to quote if I wanted to go ahead and place the order.

Also, bear in mind, very few JL stores keep this TV in stock, and it will more than likely need to come from a central warehouse. I ordered mine last Friday afternoon, and it arrived Tuesday moening.

Good luck. It's an extremely nice TV.

Kevin.

so is empire direct a retail store as well? i thought it was just an internet site? fancy sending me a copy of your email or something via private message?

I have just bought the Toshiba 42" of this model for £757 from currys. Going through quidco and using 2 seperate codes this LCD comes down from £897 to £757.

I would'nt worry too much about 5 year guarantee's. Anything bought high value like a TV like this will be covered under the Sale of goods act 1979. Read the link below......

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

If it's only the 37" your looking at i will take a look and see what price i can get it down to.

Hello guys,

im purchasing the Toshiba 37X3030D for a friend and trying to find the best price/deal for her. ive seen with Dixons Online that i can get it for £734.86 delivered.

i wanted to get it price matched with John Lewis to get 5 years warranty, but supposedly they dont price match with Online Retailers. This true?

Anyone got any better offers? with stand/hd-dvd player? or even price?

Just checked the currys site and can get this LCD for £712.45. If you go through the quidco website you can get an extra 4% off this price bringing it down to £684.45:thumbsup:. Pretty damn cheap for a 1080P Full HD TV.

yeh the quidco thing is pretty good the only downside is you have to wait 10-12 weeks for your money

im gonna use it to buy the 46" z series when it comes out,i might leave it till nearer christmas though to see if the price drops a lot!

go through the quidco site and use the 80£ off voucher and you shoud get the 42" for the price of the 37"

yeh the quidco thing is pretty good the only downside is you have to wait 10-12 weeks for your money

im gonna use it to buy the 46" z series when it comes out,i might leave it till nearer christmas though to see if the price drops a lot!

go through the quidco site and use the 80£ off voucher and you shoud get the 42" for the price of the 37"
oops yeh that was currys i was on about

You can also use the code YAW800 which gives you an extra 5% off aswell. But keep that one quiet as its only meant for NHS employees :smashin:

You can also use the code YAW800 which gives you an extra 5% off aswell. But keep that one quiet as its only meant for NHS employees :smashin:

can u send me all the codes u are using to get it down so low? this is one of em, how about the rest of the codes?

can u send me all the codes u are using to get it down so low? this is one of em, how about the rest of the codes?

AW20TVS - £20 off when you spend over £300
AW35TVS - £35 off when you spend over £450
AW50TVS - £50 off when you spend over £600
AW70TVS - £70 off when you spend over £800
AW100TV - £100 off when you spend over £1000
AW120TV - £120 off when you spend over £1200

YAW800 - 5% off

If you set up an account through quidco you will recieve another 4%.

http://www.quidco.com/

getting JL to pricematch £799 with empire direct, they said that they could do it, but i would have to pay £60 for courier charge which i think stinks. i hope they let me pick it up?!?!?!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom