toshiba 37wlt68 - VGA issues

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Quazzer, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I've just purchased the mentioned lcd, but am having poroblems with the vga connection when I'm hooking up my pc. I plug it in and when I boot the pc up the screen flashes and then brings up the boot-up screen the computer puts out, but the when its supposed to display the welcome screen the tv constantley flashs blank with the TV's input flashing with it aswell (named PC).

I hope that made sense!

Have I a faulty set or am I doing something wrong?

any help will be much appreciated.

regards.

2. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anybody?

3. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Ive got the same TV and when i first connected my xbox 360 via VGA i had forgot it was set on 1080p and the result was a green unreadable screen.

Maybe your PC is set to an incompatible resolution or frequency.

Hook it back up to your monitor, select a safe resolution like 1024 x 768 or even 640 x 480. 50/60hz resolution no higher and see if that works.

4. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou so much for replying!

I tried the setting 1024 - 768 at 60 hz (as I only have a option of 60 and above). It now displays correctly, although the picture on the lcd isnt filling the screen. It has 2 black bars either side. Is there any way to adjust the settings to get rid of them??

also, since you own the tv,have you noticed a buzz caused by the backlight? when I set the backlight to 100, the buzz goes. I would read through the pages and pages of wlt68 thread, but its too big, lol.

5. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just tried a different resolutino of 1280 x 768, and this has widened the display, but theres still about an inch either side of black bar. I tried the resolutino 1280 x 768, but although it works, it doesn't fill the screen wholey and doesnt give as good a picture.

does anyone else want to comment about the backlight buzz?

6. C225

C225

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    I used to have a 32wlt66 that buzzed and is quite common on these models but some seem to be louder than others mine was never too bad so got used to it but if it is quite bad i would change the settings up to >90 backlight then use the brightness to tone it down a bit.

7. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    To remove the black bars, use the aspect ratio button on remote which stretches the picture and removes them.

And yeah the dreaded backlight buzz, mine does it to so i just leave it on 100. However im returning mine and maybe you can help me. Does yours also make a high pitched whistling noise all the time?

If you can mute the sound and have a listen to the back of the set i would be grateful. Although i expect all electrical equipment to make some noise, i can hear mine on other side of room :(

8. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou both.

The screen is now filled. Forgot about using the aspect ratio on the remote

Funnily enough having mentioned the buzz, I dont get it while using the pc dfispaly, strange. although when its on dtv its audiable up to about 12 -15 on the volume scale. Anyhow, I cant seem to hear anything else that you seem to be hearing. Ive put my ear up to the back and the only noise I can hear is whats sounds like the electrics, but its not that loud.

Its a shame that the tv can't store the settings for each output. I constantley have to change after using my xbox to then wtching tv, and i guess now, also when I use it as a monitor.

9. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    oh and just for my 2 cents.

I cant understand why they cant make a LCD where everything works, and everything works well!

10. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Probably because if we ever got a perfect TV we would never upgrade lol

11. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    The PC input seems to store seperate settings to the rest if that helps?

Yeah im sure the noise i hear is the power supply inside, as it sounds electrical. If you cant hear it on yours at normal viewing distances im hoping mine is just a loud one and my replacement will be nice and quiet.

12. Quazzer

Quazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hope so to, for your sake. Its such a pain having to send it back and waiting for a new one, hoping its going to be ok.

I was in two minds whether to send mine back. but since the noie isnt THAT intrusive I might just leave it. But when you pay hundreds for a tv you want it to damn well work properly!

thankyou again for your help!