Toshiba 37WLT68 black streak and stuck in standby

jlearmonth

Hello
1) I have had a Toshiba 37WLT68 for a year or more. Generally OK but a while back noticed a black streak about 9 inch by 2 inch on the left of the screen.
It might have been there all along and I might not have noticed it because..
It only appears under certain program conditions such as pale brown or blue. If you have a bright white screen there is absolutly no sign of it and often you can watch a program without noticing it. However under the right conditions it stands out like a sore thumb.
Anyone seen this ?

2) Of late it won't come out of standby, fiddling around power cycling it will eventually get it on but it can take 10 minutes of messing. Is this a know bug ?

I have warrenty so "should get it sorted" !
Regards
JL

M

Meteosat

Hello

2) Of late it won't come out of standby, fiddling around power cycling it will eventually get it on but it can take 10 minutes of messing. Is this a know bug ?

I have warrenty so "should get it sorted" !
Regards
JL

I have had 2 Toshiba Regza's in the last three months and they both on times have refused to come out of standby without a power cycle. I have no idea why and Toshiba's only reply was to return the TV to Amazon - reluctant to do that for a third time!

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Hello
1) I have had a Toshiba 37WLT68 for a year or more. Generally OK but a while back noticed a black streak about 9 inch by 2 inch on the left of the screen.
It might have been there all along and I might not have noticed it because..
It only appears under certain program conditions such as pale brown or blue. If you have a bright white screen there is absolutly no sign of it and often you can watch a program without noticing it. However under the right conditions it stands out like a sore thumb.
Anyone seen this ?

I had a similar problem with my old 32'' WLT68. This thread may be well worth a read:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-televisions/1061134-marks-inside-my-lcd-tv-screen.html

:thumbsup:

OllieC

Standard Member
What was the outcome of the 'stuck in standby' problem ?
Mine has started doing the same in the last couple of weeks - a right pain !!

dpeaton

Standard Member
Any outcome on the 'stuck in standby' problem ?
I have a Toshiba LCD-TV 37WLT68 which I bought new in 2007 that also will no longer turn on. The red light is showing as standby but the TV will not turn from remote or side button. I've had to turn off at the mains and then it sometimes works after being powered back on (sometimes I need to turn off at the mains several times before it works).
Can this problem be repaired at a Toshiba service centre ?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom