Toshiba 37WLT66 screen burn and banding

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jonbxx, Jan 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jonbxx

jonbxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had my Toshiba 37WLT66 for two and half years or so and recently I have noticed some faint vertical banding 60% of the way across the screen. It's mainly noticable during fast panning such as on football. Also, I have noticed some screen burn from running the acreen in 4:3 mode after only 30 minutes - I see purple stripes where the black borders were.

Now, I don't know if I am seeing these now because I'm looking for them or it is something new but I decided to use my John Lewis 5 year warranty to have this looked at. The local service shop picked up the set today from home and my wife took the opportunity to show them the problem with a grey screen which shows the problem at its' worst. The person who picked the set up said there was a problem and they would probably replace the screen. However, I have just had a call from the shop saying they can't see a problem and this sort of banding and screen burn in such a short time is normal for LCD screens. They are going to keep the set running overnight to see if the problem gets worse.

My question is - are the shop really right in saying this is normal? They are using a test system which isn't showing the problems that I can see, so where do I go from here if they say everything is fine?

2. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    I would say persist in your point.You dont watch Tv using a test system and if you have noticed the problems in normal viewing then they should check that, as there is something wrong.
    To say that Image retention and banding is normal for an LCD in this or at any time is nonsense.
    Keep on at them and if they continue with their line to you get on to John Lewis and ask for a second opinion.

Good Luck

KH