Toshiba 37WLT58, Windows, VGA cable, 1366x768 resolution...

{Sephiroth}

Novice Member
Well, I got a VGA cable the other day to connect my laptop to my 37WLT58 TV. My laptop has a 512mb nVidia GeForce Go 7900GTX card.

I have tried various approaches to setting the resolution on the TV to either 1366x768 (actually 1360x768, as signal through VGA has to be a mutliple of 8 or something like that).

I have tried using the nVidia drivers themselves, with the advanced timings option, and also tried Powerstrip. I eventually managed to get the TV displaying at 1360x760 with a really annoying problem... The picture goes about 2/3 of the way across the screen, then repeats for the rest of the screen. The actual image that goes about 2/3 of the way across the screen I belive is probably about a 4:3 aspect ratio.. The cursor will not go any further than the 2/3 mark.

Is there anything that I can do to get my laptop to display proper 16:9 fullscreen images correctly through the VGA cable? I don't get it. windows recognises the TV as a CRT monitor too..

Thankyou

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom