Toshiba 37WL66 price drop ?

JamieBee

Novice Member
I am about to buy one of these sets in the next couple of weeks but I read in a magazine recently that due to the release of the 42" version the price of the 37" may come down. What is the likeliness of this do people think ? Is the 42" out in the shops now or does it come out soon ?

Thanks

bellso

The whole range is being updated in October to WL68 - so would expect them to drop a fair bit when this happens.

Am in same boat, hopefully moving house in a couple of months and will be treating myself to a nice lcd - the WL66 37in fit the bill - but will see what discounts can be had on new model first.

edit - see forum post: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384160

JamieBee

Novice Member
Hmmm. I wonder how much the 37" 68 model will be then ? My budget is only about £1k but I think the price will be a couple of hundred at least above that.

bellso

Probably, am in the same boat budget wise, so will happily take the 37in 66 model for £850!:D ;) [please drop the price John Lewis!!]

JamieBee

Novice Member
There are ppl on these forums buying the WLT model from by various places and by paying a little bit extra getting a 3 to 5 yr warranty so will be worth shopping around I think.

I need to see the set in action in a shop as a few ppl have said the normal sky pq is not that great.

Cheapest price I have seen is £950 at Sound & Vision and Digital Direct. Not sure what these companies are like to use.