1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 37wl58 anybody??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stuall, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Stuall

Stuall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Everyone

has anybody heard when the Tosh 37wl58 lcd will be available and if there is any websites where I can get more info about it, I have tried twice to buy its little brother the 37wl56 but my order has been cancelled both times(by Currys)due to lack of stock and after reading all the negatives about this screen I'm thinking of holding off for the 58 series.

Any info would be great! :thumbsup:

2. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to get info out of Toshiba but its all been no go. The 37WL56 isn't out of stock, read some of these threads and you'll see that Tosh has a big problem with the pcb board inside of them, buy a Sharp or something else. I wish I had!!!!!!! :suicide:

3. nozman

nozman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First post, so here goes.

In the same situation as Stuall, thought I'd hold off on the 37wl56 until feedback on the 37wlt58 version starts to circulate.

Unfortunately after a chat with a guy in LE Concepts in Gateshead we may be waiting a while. They've received emails from Toshiba stating unspecified delays to their freeview range. A knock on effect from the problems with the wl56?

Sorry if its not definitive proof of any kind rather just hear say but I thought I'd drop it in anyway.

Frustrating, as this telly just fits my criteria for size, narrow picture frame design and price.

Rob Sheep - You're right Sharp now looking v.attractive, just have to spend another couple of months checking the reviews/forums for the equivalent to the Tosh!!!!!

4. Stuall

Stuall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well guys I've taken the plunge and bought the 37wl56 from John Lewis in Glasgow I saw the set for the first time in the flesh and was very impressed even with the picture through an RF feed ,no buzzing sound at all and YUV function was on the input list so i thought what the hell been looking at it for nearly 2 months now! looking forward to it being delivered on the 19th!!! Now what upscaling DVD player should i buy??? any ideas??

Cheers
    Stu :)

5. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This is one is on my list, however it lacks component in. Is it possible to get a converter that will convert component from my DVD player to the VGA connector.

6. Stuall

Stuall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  7. MADMAND

MADMAND
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: