1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 37WL56, tosh are sending out the repairman!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Rob Sheep, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Well, after a week discussing the problems I've been having with my new 37WL56, what started out as a mains buzz which was then diagnosed as backlight noise is finally going to be sorted out.

I called Tosh tech support on Friday (third time in a week) to see if I was going to be given a different answer to the problem, after living with a dark picture for days with the backlight down and my wife on my back for buying a TV that is too dark with a buzz, I thought it was time to get a straight answer.

So this time I've been told that the backlight should not make a noise, there should also be no noise when the backlight is turned up! After explaining the other problem I have with it not recognizing film formats correctly, the guy at Tosh admitted that there is a problem with the set and it needs to be looked at ASAP, so sometime this week a repairman from Toshiba is coming out to see what can be done. :lesson: