Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

toshiba 37wl56 screen check

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by BLOWNIT, Jun 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. BLOWNIT

BLOWNIT
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just purchased the above set and am impressed with the clarity, design and colours of the picture.
    I do however have one slight concern which i think all owners and potential owners should check out.
    All in all a cracking set, no dead pixels but i do have a faint 3 inch strip/band of shadow right across the screen 3/4 of the way down from the top.
    You can check the intensity of this by selecting the grey screen mode (non channel).
    it is as if the lcd screen is made of strips with some being more illuminated than others.
    you need to check this out because if the strips are well defined this transfers onto the tv picture as a band that is visible right along the screen especially when the picture is all one colour such as a football pitch. Mine are faint but can be seen if i look carefully.
    COULD fellow owners check their sets and report back also could the technical people out there please give an explanation as to what these strips are caused by.
    check it out,
    blownit