Toshiba 37C3030DB for <£650 - so why buy a Hannspree?

harveyadam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that you can get this TV for £643 - when I looked only a week ago the cheapest I could find was £725! It's only been out a few weeks and I can't find more than 1 mag and online review (both for the 32" version) so can anybody tell me why this is plummeting in price?

Three weeks ago I was considering getting a Hannspree as it was the only one within budget but it doesn't sem worth it anymore and I may as well get a big brand.

I've noticed that you can get this TV for £643 - when I looked only a week ago the cheapest I could find was £725! It's only been out a few weeks and I can't find more than 1 mag and online review (both for the 32" version) so can anybody tell me why this is plummeting in price?

Market forces? Backlight buzzing? WLT68 selling better? Poor black levels?

:confused:

I picked one up for &#163;677, awesome TV

Get one!

I'm sure it is. Thing is it concerns me a bit that the price is dropping so quickly. Is it a cheapie that has been badged as Toshiba or what?

My 37WLT58 was made at the Tosh plant in the UK.

Master Frodo - does it say where yours was made.

Might indicate whether this is a tosh made or rebadged product.

My 37WLT58 was made at the Tosh plant in the UK.

Master Frodo - does it say where yours was made.

Might indicate whether this is a tosh made or rebadged product.

How can I find this out?

No backlight buzz, my black levels are as good as I have seen on any LCD..

So not sure what you're arguement is here...

No argument, just pointing out a few issues some people have mentioned about this TV and Toshiba TV's in general are prone to backlight buzzing.

This TV got a 5 star review recently and only negative point was that black levels could be better.

Market forces would apply to all models but this has had a spectacular drop since it came out and out of line with other makes I have been keeping an eye on.

I can undserstand if black levels are poor and that is reflected in the price but surely backlight buzz makes it 'not fit for purpose' and therefore it shouldn't be on sale? I'm obviously missing something with regards to this issue being a newbie who would send the TV back if it did this.

Market forces would apply to all models but this has had a spectacular drop since it came out and out of line with other makes I have been keeping an eye on.

I can undserstand if black levels are poor and that is reflected in the price but surely backlight buzz makes it 'not fit for purpose' and therefore it shouldn't be on sale? I'm obviously missing something with regards to this issue being a newbie who would send the TV back if it did this.

The backlight buzz doesnt seem to on this model, but most of the other Tosh models suffered.

Not that you could really hear it, sounded like a dimmer switch buzz - nothing to worry about at all

On this set's own thread there are reports of owners with backlight buzz and it can vary from low to quite noticeable. Problem is that it's a new set so a few months down the line the buzz may appear and apparently some retailers are none too keen on accepting it as a fault.

Buyer beware.......

On this set's own thread there are reports of owners with backlight buzz and it can vary from low to quite noticeable. Problem is that it's a new set so a few months down the line the buzz may appear and apparently some retailers are none too keen on accepting it as a fault.

Buyer beware.......

How can buzzing not be accepted as a fault? Erm, unless it was a buzzer you'd bought of course...

This TV got a 5 star review recently and only negative point was that black levels could be better.

Are you talking about the What Hifi review? I read it and I don't think they said that the black levels could be better.

All the Toshiba C series literature says that these are assembled in the UK. The Toshiba factory is based in Plymouth. Regarding prices -it seems that some internet retailers are prepared to opperate on very low margins. Do they have stock? Perhaps they want your order then divert you to another TV?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom