1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 3798DB

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by casha, Jul 14, 2001.

1. casha

casha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just dropping a line about this tv. Basically the 3787 model in UK shops but updated as multistandard, 100 Hz processing and improved picture digital noise reduction. Other features: 37 inch 4:3 tube equivalent to 32" widescreen, Dolby Prologic, Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder, picture freeze frame, 500 page teletext.
    I bought mine from a German website http://www.hificomponents.de (there is an English version. Price (approx £1050)included cabinet.
    Impressions: stable 100 Hz picture, DNR flatters VHS video eg. Perfect Storm, sound great but pales next to my dedicated Home Cinema. I am pleased about the tv and the multistandard capability is a bonus. I like 4:3 and widescreen DVD look good because of sheer size.
    Downs: not progressive scan. ;)

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Nice site, thanks for pointing it out.

Wish I'd known about it 3 months ago, would have bought the same set - couldn't bring myself to get the UK's 3787, it was too old.

What was the crack with customs/delivery?

Would consider buying from them in the future if it's not too awkward.

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Nice site, thanks for pointing it out.

Wish I'd known about it 3 months ago, would have bought the same set - couldn't bring myself to get the UK's 3787, it was too old.

What was the crack with customs/delivery?

Would consider buying from them in the future if it's not too awkward.

4. casha

casha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As regards customs there are no problems as the TV is delivered from Germany, so its from the EC. The price includes the German VAT so you do not pay anything extra at all in the UK.

The TV is actually made in the UK, shipped to Germany and then shipped back!

The delivery is prompt and you get e-mail notice, however only one delivery man turned up (the driver). Moving the TV between two was a struggle as the TV weighs over 100kg. :D :D

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Cheers for the reply.