1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZT29 Questions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jkuy9, Dec 8, 2002.

1. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting the Toshiba 36ZT29 however I am a little confused.

The Comet site (www.comet.co.uk) says that it is a 5.1 TV however I only see that on the Comet site.

Does the TV come with 5.1 or is just just Dolby Pro Logic?

If it has 5.1 how many satellite speakers come with the system?

Is it 2 sats. (the rear ones) and the centre and 2 front speakers are built into the TV or does it have 4 sats. (2 rear and 2 front) with the centre built into the TV.

Also is the sub built into the TV or seperate?

If it comes with only 2 sats. (the 2 rear) can I buy external speakers? eg. front left, front right, centre and sub?

Sorry if I am confusing people but I would like to know what I will get for my money as it is a lot of money!

Also has anyone heard/used www.prcdirect.co.uk as they have the TV pretty cheap.

Thanks in advance

2. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at this TV aswell, you get 2 rear speakers with the tv, the other 3 are built into the TV and you get no sub, so how it is 5.1 I don't know. You can get extra front left & right speakers at additional cost but how much difference they will make I can't say.

3. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking for a new TV, I kind of know what I want and I think it is one of the following models: Sony KD-36NX200, Sony KV-36FS76 or Toshiba 36ZT29.

What I want from the TV is as follows:

I want a gorgeous, perfect pictures for Digital TV (Sky Digital), DVD and Gaming (XBOX).

I want excellent sound for all of the above.

That is basically it! I want a 36" TV and I want it to look and sound good. I don't want spend more than £2000 on it (I have found the Sony KD-36NX200 for £1999.98 in Sony Centre).

Any information would be great, this is really stressing me out!!

Cheers all

4. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you've made a mistake with the price of the 36NX200. The cheapest price on the Web is about £2300. "Retail" price is £2800 so no way Sony Centre are doing it for £2000. The Centre in Watford are charging full price of £2800. The 32" might be £2000.

I take delivery of my 36NX200 on Weds morning. Will post here when I have tried it out. I noticed that one of the mags has reveiwed the 32NX200 and it hasn't done as well as I hoped it would. It says the picture is great from a very good source but otherwise a bit iffy.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Agh! Sony IDTVs - well they do look ropey on substandard sources.

My KV32DX20 looks awful on analogue (never use it), and Vhs (never use it)

DVD and DTTV are excellent.

Sony DTTV tuners are good!:)

6. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony Centre are selling the 36" NX200 for £1999.98 in Welwyn Garden City. I was talking to the bloke for about 20 minutes about it so I know it is the right TV and the right price. I was surprised it was so cheap compared to online prices.

7. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that's a great price!

8. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I rang Toshiba Tech Centre and this is what they said...

It comes with 2 rear satellite speakers and no sub, however it IS a 5.1 system as you can purchase a sub and connect it and them connect 2 other satellite speakers (front left and right) and then switch the tv (using a small switch on the back) to convert the TV to the centre.

So you have 4 satellite speakers (front left and right and rear left and right) the centre is the TV and and sub connected to the back of the TV.

Apparently the TV sounds excellent anyway and the picture quality is (one of) the best for any 36" CRT :)

I thinking of ordering from rgbdirect as they have it at a nice price, after I have seen it in action at Curry's or alike.

All looks good though!

9. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Buy it!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

10. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure there is no sub in the TV as the 36zp 18q,check on the remote when next in store.

11. Chi_Z

Chi_Z
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. Having got a Tosh 36ZT29B I can confirm that the TV comes with FOUR satellite speakers (Front L + R, Rear L + R) although no stands to put them on.

The TV has two built in speakers (L + R) which with a flick of a switch at the back act as the centre speaker(s) in DD (if the switch is put to the other position the satellites are not used and you get NICAM stereo from the TV itself).

The TV is meant to have an 'Internal' subwoofer, but ultimately its not very convincing so I bought a fairly cheap active sub, which the TV has a socket for which is a massive improvement. So the TV is definitely DD 5.1.

Pretty impressed with the sound actually, although I've never had the pleasure of a separate AV 5.1 setup.