1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP48P/36ZP46P/36ZP48/36ZP46

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by 5lab, Jul 22, 2005.

1. 5lab

5lab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lo guys

i'm a noobie here, but i'm upgrading my telly at the end of the month. a few places have the above toshibas (which seem pretty good, by all accounts) - does anyone know what the differences are? i think the 46's dont have the extra speakers, but i'm not entirely sure.

is there anything i should be warey of when buying this? i currently have a 100hz flatface toshiba 28" box from 3 or 4 years back, which i've been generally happy with, and a toshiba dvd player (sd210e multiregion), hooked together via component video cables. i'm going to replace both the telly and the dvd box because the dvd player doesnt support progressive scan. i'm using some of these speakers at the moment -> http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=464&product=439 whcih got good revies as an all-in-one box - am i likekly to loose much quality when moving to the toshiba surround sound setup? i'm aware it doesnt support dts, but i'm not overly fussed about that - i like the idea of the integrated setup.

are there any flaws with my plan? are e-d a good place to buy? i'm not particularly near a JL (if jl = john lewis??) - i'm in brighton, and i dont have a car to get to one easily. i've noted that if you use the amazon affiliate scheme to buy from empire direct the delivery is only a fiver (as opposed to £50) - presumably ed just haven't noticed this yet?? :)

finally, how long does the stand take to assemble? will i be able to do this whilst the delivery men are taking the tv up the stairs to my flat (or is this overly cheeky??) i jsut thought it'd be easier to ge them to put the tv on its stand rather than get a mate round to help me do it..

ta for any help!!!

Hugh

2. johnny70

johnny70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Hi m8

just bought one (but 32"0 myself from here

Tv and Video Direct

Ordered on tuesday this week delivered thurs afternoon with no problems.

Not set it up yet but it looks great

Cheers
    JOHNNY

3. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    dont bother with toshiba cant handle dark pictures very well on lord of the rings two towers loads of red tracing to fast movement.does it on other films too.

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I have the Toshiba 32ZP48 - it uses the same picture processing circuitry as the other models you mention. In my humble opinion the picture quality is superb. Regards, yt.