1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP48

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cash, Aug 21, 2004.

1. cash

cash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I recently bought this set and got the sd-340 free with it (£1250 from digital-point, if your interested).I have hooked up said dvd player via component and am getting a very nice progressive picture, with the three remaing scart sockets i hace hooked up three consoles, two of these (X-box & ps2) via rgb. My question is will both rgb connections work as the component is also taken up, i only ask as when i went into the menu there is only two digital connections listed, one i have set to ext4 for my dvd player, the other digital connection is taken by the x-box. Does this mean the ps2 will not display an rgb picture, i have the officila sony lead(£30 sony online). The Gamecube displays nicely in av mode throgh the last scart socket. What I'm asking is does this tv have two rgb connections AND a component connection, seperate from eachother so i can hook up three bits of kit without any switchboards or any other such nonsense. Any help appreciated.

The tv itself however is great, but BLOODY heavy (seriously, i lost friends carrying that thing upstairs). Im not too fussy when it comes to PQ, but from what i've seen so far i am very impresed, though most viewing has been dvd with a bit of console playing. The picture does seem to have a very slight grainy effect hovever, don't know if this is the 'dirty screen' effect everyone refers to. Having said that i haven't even played about with the settings much, might go away with a few adjustments.

2. shortround

shortround

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    yes, you will be getting rgb from both the xbox and ps2. the two rgb scarts and the component inputs work independently of each other so it doesn't matter if you have 3 things connected at the same time. the digital inputs are a separate issue (they are for audio only) and don't affect the rgb mode of the scart inputs. you will simply be getting the stereo analogue sound from the scart lead of the ps2 as opposed to the digital sound you are getting from your dvd player and xbox.

3. cash

cash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thankyou! that is a load of my mind