Toshiba 36ZP48 - Widescreen Issues From Sky

Free To Air

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has noticed or experienced the following picture issue with a Toshiba 36ZP48 when displaying Sky News in Widescreen mode:

Using the blue banner bar at the bottom of the screen when in Sky News as a reference I seem to be missing several inches of image either side of the screen. On the blue banner on our flat panel widescreen TV's at work in the lower left hand corner of the screen there is the word "Active" followed by a small red circle then the scrolling text in the banner.

However, on my Tosh 36ZP48 and also a Phillips 32PW9618 I cannot seem to get this part of the broadcast on screen no matter what adjustments I make to the width of the image either in Service Mode or the general Menus Adjustments. I can get the red circle onscreen but then seem to run out of image.

Is this an artefact of CRT widescreen TV's or is it some adjustment I need to make to the outputs from the Sky Box or some adjustment to the setup on the TV?

Regards

is it some adjustment I need to make to the outputs from the Sky Box or some adjustment to the setup on the TV?

Make sure the scart lead is connected to the socket marked "TV Scart" on the Sky box, the output is set to widescreen 16x9 in the "System", "Picture Settings" menu and the TV set to auto.

JayCee,

Thanks, it was connected up OK but the output was set to 4:3. I have adjusted it to 16:9 and its now OK.

I was sure that I had adjusted this quite a while ago, perhaps some of the Sky "over the air" upgrades reset the Sky box to default values.

Anyway, thanks for the help and now all sorted out.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom