1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 36zp48 quick help please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by shaun c, Feb 6, 2005.

1. shaun c

shaun c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My tv arrives on thurs and i need to order my connection cables over internet hopefully to arrive by thursday. I need to purchase scart,conponent and optical leads.My questions are 1.What do you recommend I cant decide to go and purchase rated leads ie qed etc or purchase non brand named but quality product from a site called cableuniverse.co.uk has anyone used this site and their products.
    2. To connect my Dvd to tv using optical lead which one do i need to purchase I belive that there is two sizes? anyone with my tv can you let me know the size/type
    I would appreciate a quick replyif possible thanks .

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My personal opinion is you shouldnt spend more than £30 for a scart.For that money you could have the qed 2100.Component wise i bought a set for £15 and they are excellent quality- tvcables.co.uk.Cant comment on the optical cable ,i used twin rca on my tosh.

3. shaun c

shaun c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks spocktra i have just ordered qed p2110 for 26.99 postage free from electrical discount,not sorted my componets yet or optical lead

4. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I'd be interested in the component leads part of your query as I am after a set.

Let me know what you go for.

M

5. shaun c

shaun c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered my Component cable this is a top quality cable 14mm dia oxygen free copper with gold plated ends i also changed my mind on the optical and went for the digital coax for sound as this is supposed to give a noticeable improvement in sound than optical according to web site called Cable universe.co.uk the cost from them was only 12.51 for component and 5.49 for coax plus 3.51 del/vat total 21.51 ordered sun night just check e-mail to say the items have been dispatched so good so far will test them thur/fri on tv hopefully.

6. SJGIL

SJGIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Shaun C,

I have used Cable universe twice now and have found their products to be excellent thus far. For info I have one of their component cables at £12.51 and am more than happy. I have purchased both coax and optical cables as well as flat scart leads and am more than happy with them all. You really don't need to spend any more in my view.

7. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the update. I'm still tempted to go for some QED's @ c.£39 and Profigold digital coax @ £10. Guess I don't know if its worth the investment in picture quality.
    M

8. pigsear

pigsear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone opened the back of their TV/output device to see what cables connect the sockets to the back of the set? Bet it isn't qed :d