1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP48 - Package size/weight

Discussion in 'TVs' started by kxtzzz, Apr 25, 2005.

1. kxtzzz

kxtzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, my first post so forgive me if I do owt wrong!

I have been watching the forums for a couple of months now as guest, I am in the market for a nice widescreen telly my previous Sony having gone kaput (since my wife decided to clean the vents with wet kitchen roll - and the kids were watching it) :nono:

Anyway after the excellent views I have found in the forum I decided to buy a Toshiba 36Zp48, and after seeing so many advise buying from John Lewis I decided to try and get a price match against Sound & Vision. Anyway to cut a long story short they begrudgingly accepted, as long as I drive the 120 miles to pick it up as their free delivery is only within 35 miles.

So, back to the thread title. Does anyone know the dimensions of the box the tv comes in. Is there 1 box or is there a separate box for the stand?
    Also what would you think the total weight of it all is including the packaging?

Finally does anyone reckon I'd get it in a Land Rover Freelander?

Many thanks for your help.

Oh aye - one last thing, I'd be requiring some half decent cabling I see theres a guy called Mark making them up and flogging 'em, does anyone recommend them?

cheers peeps.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Hello kxtzzz and welcome. :)

I'm sure someone will be along soon with the dimensions (Red16v?), but the weight will be around 80Kg which is definately a two-man lift, unless your real name is Geoff Capes!

Good luck. :smashin:

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    you will certainly get it in the back of a freelander. i got mine from the classifieds section of these forums and from the measurement i had for the Tv(unforunately i can't lay my hands on them atm) it would fit in the back of a Fiat Punto(seats down) but only out of the box, so either way really it will go in the back of a freelander. And as tight git says, take a friend!.

4. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, i am also looking for a good 36 inch crt, could you tell me what you paid for it at John Lewis ?

5. iansums

iansums

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The box is 99 x 76 x 69.

6. paul738

paul738
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    it weighs over 13st when boxed up. good luck! i had to settle for a 32" as i couldnt find any of my mates willing to help me up several flights of stairs with it!

7. kxtzzz

kxtzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whoa 13 stone? jeez i was gonna take me wife for the look out but she's a wimp for lifting. :devil:

thanks for the help guys, I'm pleased it will fit in my car as I think shelling out for a van plus petrol would have made it a less viable proposition. but I must say, the box is a lot smaller than I anticipated so I might even get it couriered for 60 quid. thanks for the info there iansums, are you definitely certain thats the 36" jobby, and is the stand in the same case?

Hudson, I been looking at these forums for like a month or so and I quickly learnt the Red16v is a BIG fan of this particular Tosh, infact all he says in the last few weeks to any question of what to buy is basically "I love my Tosh" lol. i was gonna buy the Panny 32 PD50 but Red16v has definitely swayed me to the Tosh especially because the 36" is sooo cheap for what you get. Incidentally I got JL to price match £848 but I swore blind to the undersales manager I wouldn't tell ANYONE how I did it. But lets just say its to do with wording of their "Never Knowingly Undersold" brochure.

8. kxtzzz

kxtzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey iansums, just had an awful thought - that is measurement in cm and not inches?

also anyone able to answer my query in the first post about cables?

9. iansums

iansums

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes, they are in cm and are dimensions I noted down from a previous thread. However it may be best to check with JL to ensure they are corect. My box went down the tip some time ago.

10. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    kxtzzz,

good choice of TV.

2 Man (and I mean MAN) job to carry the box, 85kg.

JL trollied/carried mine into the front room.

TV box dimensions look about right, TV is 86*62*62 cm

Stand in box is 90 *63 *12 cm and weighs 29kg.

Getting the TV out the box can be done single handed if careful and strong, need another big chap to lift it to the stand, put stand in final position 1st as its a bugger to move loaded up.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

I paid £799 delivered by them matching another JL branch that (unknowing to me) at the time had pricematched wrong model :devil:

11. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    kxtzz

Is your nearest John Lewis 120 miles away ? I bought mine through a price match with JL Solihull, but they arranged for me to pick it up at Cheadle, no extra charge. As for cables I bought mine from www.cpc.co.uk
    Nice quality gold scarts prosignal £4.71 av10215
    Nice quality component prosignal £2.46 av08456
    These come in non-retail packaging ( plastic bag ) but are very good for the price.

Martin

12. Tosher

Tosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IANSUMS is spot on...
    Box is 760 x 995 x 685 mm
    Weight is 85.4Kg.
    A beast of a telly but worth the effort and cabinet is no bigger than many 32"
    Good Luck!

13. kxtzzz

kxtzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    woot this is great news. I just managed to get my local JL to price match the same competitor as JL in Cheadle so now I have absolutely no worries about size or weight (until i liift it on the stand) since I now qulaify for free delivery - RESULT