1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36zp48 geometry problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by trevorjj, Oct 8, 2004.

1. trevorjj

trevorjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these sets everything perfect except that the case was damaged in transit. The supplier has replaced it within a week. However, the geometry is not good even after trying to use the geomagnetic adjustment.

There screen dips by apprximately 1cm over the width of the screen. Is there a user accesible service menu or is it a problem for an enginner?

Trevor

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is something that cannot be adjusted in the service menu or any other menu. The effect you describe is usually caused by poor DY (scan coil) adjustment, but since that is done at the CRT factory it will have been like that from day one. So then you have to wonder how did Toshiba miss what is quite a large geometry flaw? 1cm of bowing is excessive in my opinion so I'd get it seen by an engineer. Geomagnetic merely rotates the picture (anti)clockwise in order to get it straight - it cannot influence bowing.

3. trevorjj

trevorjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    L&H

Thanks for the reply. will ask the supplier to send out an engineer, but it looks like another set to go back.

Quality control seems to be lacking for a lot of manufacturers given the posts on here.