1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36zp48 b?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by agentc, Nov 16, 2004.

1. agentc

agentc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

:hiya:

I have finally decided to buy a Toshiba 36zp48. After some net-trawling it appears that there is more than one model number. Does anyone know the difference between 36zp48, 36zp48b, 36zp48p ? (that's if there is one)

any ideas much appreciated.

2. RedRasper

RedRasper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spotted this around as well, wondering what it is!

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think I'm going to get one of these. The only odd thing I've noticed so far is that the Currys web site lists it as 'Toshiba MV36ZP46 Stand' included, but the Dixons doesn't mention this, and if you click on the 'specifications' tab it says 'Stand Included - No'.

I hope that is just mistake on Dixons part, as I'm pretty sure that my Ikea tv unit would collapse under the weight of this monster.

4. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    I believe that the 48 and 48p are one and the same television, but the 48 (not 'p') does not come with the stand. The 48b I have also seen, but only on one particular site - I can't remember which. This normally stands for black, but as far as I know this set isn't sold in black.

So, basically, the 48b is more than likely a 48p, but the sales people have been a tad stupid :thumbsdow . With regard to the stand, I too have noticed that Dixons seems to be one of the few that aren't selling it with a stand, which is odd seeing that they're selling it at the same price as Curry's, (their sister company) and Curry's TV does come with a stand. Long and short of it is you should check with the people you're going to be buying it off to ensure the stand is included. :smashin:

Edit : It's "Unbeatable" that is selling it as a 'b'. Mind you, they are STILL trying to sell an "open-box" 48B for £1,230.97, while the new ones are priced at £999.98. Oh dear... :suicide:

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You're setting off a few alarm bells in my head. Indeed my understanding is that models with a 'P' suffix means 'includes the stand'. However, I am concerned that other suffixes may be an indication that the tv set is NOT of uk origin or originally designed for the uk market (ie, a grey market import ?). That's not to say that the tv set won't work perfectly well in the uk. I suggest you contact Toshiba uk before parting with any money. Regards, yt.

6. RedRasper

RedRasper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also what tv and video direct have a few sets listed on their website with b on the model number!

I however did order one without the b! (about 3 hours ago!)

7. agentc

agentc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i eventually found out that...

b= british
    p= pan european (slightly different tuning range)
    either will do.
    currys may have a different meaning for suffixes

Forget Dixons and Currys.

this is the only link you will need for buying one of these
    http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.php?xProd=974&xSec=16
    also this place does not sell imports.

I would rate tvandvideodirect.com a straight 10 out of 10. Just make sure you are ready to help the delivery guy with the TV (it comes on a pallet) and its a heavy b@stard. It's not only heavy, its just the right size to make it (virtually) impossible to get on the stand on your own. But what a result ! I will never again bother to read through reams of geeky meaningless ****e on forums. Make your own decision.

one other thing: the 48 is the same as the 46 but has Dolby surround sound and 4 speakers included.

Red Rasper - get excited, these tvs are worth the cash.

8. RedRasper

RedRasper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info AgentC!

I am looking forward very much to getting my telly! Getting a little impatient now though, place order yesterday morning and not had anything other than a confirmation email.

9. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought one last night from the Currys just down the road from where I live. It was £799, but I got them to drop the £15 delivery charge, and they took £50 off the price of the 3 year extended guarantee. Also got 9 months interest free credit.

They are getting 80 units delivered in two drops of 40, but 50 of them are already sold. Apparently I have to wait for the second delivery which will be in about 10 days. They weren't sure if they were going to get any more in.

10. prelude

prelude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got our set today and i am well pleased with it,i mainly bought it as we had a 3377db that i dropped and broke the casing :oops: (still have it) and the picture quality is superb,i just need to get a set of speaker stand's now as the ones from the 3377db are no good for the speakers supplied with the 36zp48p