1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 36zp46p

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by knobbs, May 3, 2005.

1. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi going to buy a toshiba 36zp46p is this tv a good performer picture wise,
    and for watching footy on, had a 42" lg plasma which was terrible watching the footy on and suffered badly with solarisation so i got rid.
    had another 100hz tv looked like it had a glaze over the pic, think the prob is the 100hz and sky maybe, anyway got to buy her indoors a telly and dont want to go down the plasma route again cheers knobbs.

2. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I checked out the 36ZP48 and it seems to depend on the mode you watch in. The stuff I saw was a mixture of Sky and DVD, didn't bother with RF because I never watch terrestrial anyhow.

The picture rocked in everything I saw, you could mess it up big time though by selecting the wrong 'mode' i.e. 100Hz or Normal etc etc.

Never saw any footy on it though can't stand the game to be fair but there are similar issues in the Rugby. I deliberately avoided both LCD and Plasma for similar reasons, CRT is still king of the hill when it comes to picture quality.

3. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    Just watched my first Footy on the new 36zp48, Liverpool vs chelsea, and mode really effects the picture - had friends round so couldn't mess around too much as they wantd to watch the match - but quickly settled on prog scan, looked great to me (but then the match was taking my most of my attention!) :cool: .....had it on active to start and it really suffered......will try out all modes in more detail for the next match on tv....

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    :eek: Really, ive always found the 'progressive' mode, along with '100hz' to be pretty unwatchable with anything moving faster than an asmatic ant. For me 'Natural' seems to work the best as the difference between that and 'Active' to be minimal. I have of course got DNR set to off as well as the frankly nasty 'Black Stretch'

5. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    :confused: interesting. Will have to run alot more tests i think when watching a match, but deffo settled on progressive last night....... Also should get me DVE any day to set up a few things.....

can i just say, bit of a stonker of a tv aint it? :thumbsup: evening all......

6. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well mine arrives Friday so I'll throw some more ideas out after a Friday PM and Saturday Burnin in 'fiddle' period, got a DVE disc on it's way too so hopefully will be able to do all set up Friday - and play with modes Saturday - I'll let you know if it is easy hard and as good as it was in the showroom - I'm expecting better to be honest)