Toshiba 36ZP46 sound problem

Gadgets4Me

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought the Tosh 36ZP46 from Currys this Jan for £799 (lucky me) :)

A problem has started where the screen jumps and the sound is barely audible and there is a low hum :thumbsdow

Changing volume or channel does nothing. Turning off and on and the sound is back to normal. This has happened 3 times in the last week.

Does anyone have this problem or have any advice before I phone Currys.

Gadgets4Me

Yes,according to the engineer who came to have a look at mine for the same reason.It could be a faulty text module.Give your retailer a call explaining the problem and possible fault.

Thanks spocktra.

I've phoned mastercare and they're sending an engineer out on Tuesday.

Has your tv been sorted now? Did you have to send it away or can the engineer fix it on site?

Gadgets4Me said:
Thanks spocktra.

I've phoned mastercare and they're sending an engineer out on Tuesday.

Has your tv been sorted now? Did you have to send it away or can the engineer fix it on site?[/Q No i returned the set for a refund in the end.Too much hassle for me.Not enough patience.

Engineer came today. What a waste of time :suicide:

He asked to see the problem which has happened 4 times in a month. I asked him to stay for the week. :D

I then went down to Currys to see the manager. There are no more of these TVs, so no replacement. I had 2 choices.
Send it away or choose a different TV, at their normal prices, I don't think so.

I really like the TV, so it's being sent away on Friday and the store is lending me a display model Tosh 36ZP46. :smashin:

I have just received a brand new boxed Tosh 36ZP46 from Currys :thumbsup:

I sent my old one in for repair and it came back with the same fault.
I then complained to the store I bought it from and the manager ordered a new one.

I was under the impression that this model is not available anymore?

Set it up again and wow, seems better than the last one :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom