Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

toshiba 36zp38b setup

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kicker31, Jan 1, 2004.

1. kicker31

kicker31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    just recieved my toshiba 36zp38b and had it two days now, but when i set up brightness,contrast,colour,sharpness,tint etc, the picture still does not look as good as my old 28inch panasonic widescreen, the geometry is perfect, just when i watch sky picture does not look to great either on pal or rgb setting, i have a toshiba sd330e multi region conected to the telly with component and digital sound, but when i put finding nemo on the colours seem to slightly overfill edges, put lord of the rings dvd in and it looks amazing, just wondering if there is any other owners of this tv out there and what do they have the settings set to??

cheers

john

2. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am getting one of these on Wednesday. Which cables do you advise for connection that DVD player?

3. kicker31

kicker31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    getting well ****** off with this tv now, got good quality scarts feeding sky to tv, dvd recorder to tv, video to tv, and component leads with digital coax for dvd player, i have spent all night adjusting colour settings, and although all geometry etc ok there is slight colour bleeding, but picture from sky looks ****e!!,it keeps looking blocky, dvd picture good but for 1300 for a tv my old 28 panasonic had a better picture quality, wishing i got the panasonic 32 or 36pd30, no wonder delivery man from comet wanted to get tv out of box for me and take box away, might have to call them and get a engineer out, for 1300 i thought pq would be better than this, watchingg sky is terible now

john

4. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't take this the wrong way, but could it be the increase in the screen size that exaggerates the problems with the sky feed. 28 to 36 is quite a big leap. Try your 28 again and see if the blocking is there just a lot smaller.

5. fzero

fzero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I got the same telly and same DVD as you 3 days ago. I am in the process of setting the thing up right now :clown:

Everything seem to be fine for now but there is a big issue which annoy me a lot...

I got a satellite Humax 5300 connected to the scart/RGB 2 (with non-golded scart but normal black one) and I get to see reflexion on normal hertz TV. It's awfull!! They do go away when I take the arial cable off the TV.... Not a very good solution tbh.

I remember getting those reflexion while using a multi-scart on my old telly. Is the scart system on the toshiba rubbish?

Is there anyway to get rid of this? I don't get those reflexion on the VCR,DVD and PS2 connection.

The reflexion is a little less when I connect the Humax on the scart 3 (s-video' one) but still a little bit.

Would a golden scart do the trick?

Do you have the same problem with your SkyBox?

I shall phone Toshiba tech department very shortly

6. fzero

fzero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I phoned Toshiba today.

The customer/tech department was quite nice.

But since I don't see any kind of reflexion (or image ghosting) on the TV while using my dvd, It's basicly not their problem. I must seek help with Humax...

I can understand their point of view but heh!, my old TV was able to receive via scart the digital satellite Humax perfectly so why can
    t a new expensive telly don't?

Going to Comet tomorrow for a little chat...

7. dej23

dej23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Just a quick question, I got my 36zp38 a few weeks ago, there seems to be a small problem with the geometry. The top lefthand of the screen curves inwards slightly, is this normal, or can I get an engineer out to fix it?

8. fzero

fzero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will defenitivly call Toshiba first if I had any geometry problem. See what's their advice will be.

Just to let you know that all my problem with ghosting have gone by changing to a gold scart :clap: