1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP38

Discussion in 'TVs' started by FCP FAN, Apr 19, 2003.

1. FCP FAN

FCP FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sent back my ill fated Toshiba 36ZD26P for a full refund since i couldnt cope with those dreadfull Toshiba Black Bars(tm) :(

I need a 36 set replacement and it seems every one out there in the market is just disappointing:( in some way...(the Panasonic TX-36PD30D hasn´t come ou yet)

Since the new 36ZP38 set is coming out, could anyone tell me if its has the same vertical black bars problem?

Have you seen it in action? whats your opinion?:confused:

2. FCP FAN

FCP FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody out there?.........:confused: :p :confused:

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There's a letter in this months Home Cinema Choice asking the very same question in reference to the Tosh ZP18 instead of the ZD26 - when john Archer enquired of this to Toshiba, they said all Widescreen sets bar Sony suffer from the same problem (like f*** they do :rolleyes:). Anyway, they told him the new Picture Frame sets wouldn't suffer to the same extent. Didn't say they would be eradicated completely though.

As for me, I'll never buy another Toshiba TV after the ZP18 debacile.

4. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I don't think I want to know the answer to this as I bought a 36ZD a few weeks ago but what exactly the prob with the black bars?

5. FCP FAN

FCP FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    zantarous:

The black bars, are 2 vertical black bars, one on the left side and other on the right side about 3 cm away from the margin of the tube. These bars darken the picture displayed in that area and more worse, they taint the colours displayed there.

a simple scheme:
    | :: :: |

Some sets have it worse than anothers but there is no remedy to it.:rolleyes:

Like someone said if you can cope with it, or better yet, can´t notice it , just relax and keep you set because in picture quality theres nothing better out there than toshiba right now (IMHO).
    Personally i couldn´t cope with mine (the black bars were very noticible on my set! and when footy was on i almost couldn´t watch it!!)

By the way use RCA component feed from a dvd and you´m ll be BLOWN AWAY (tm) with this set picture display.

:smashin:

G:p G:p G:p FCP!

6. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Ah I am with you know. This was mentioned in another thread and I have looked for it while watching the footy or on scenes that have a lot of one colour, sky or snow. Can not see it and will stop looking for it.

Have got it set up via componenet and agree it is very good, even though my Pioneer 656 doesn't have progressive scan.