1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP38

Discussion in 'TVs' started by KingKenny7, Oct 24, 2005.

1. KingKenny7

KingKenny7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Toshiba 36ZP38 without a stand. Could anyone please confirm whether I am able to use the stand MV36ZP46 for my TV. I am told informed by a source that I can, although another source tells me I cant.

Somebody please help !!!!!

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    According to the Toshiba website certainly looks like the one. While it IS different model that normally would fit the 38 as it was updated for the 48 I cant see why it would not fit as the TV looks identical bar the black surround.

If it does not sit properly on the stand due to protrusions on the underside of the TV I'm sure a few drilled holes would do it no harm. Looks better imo than the stand for the 38.

3. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    the difference between the 38 and 48 is purley sound format- ie 38 excludes the surround speakers, nothing to do with the actual unit. i am very confident you can source a stand but be aware that toshiba will try and rinse your money, try a electrical supplies shop/search engine on the internet and im sure you'll find one

4. KingKenny7

KingKenny7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank to both of you, feel much more confident now. I know Toshiba are selling the Stand for the 36ZP46 for £99 inclusive of VAT.

Although, will try other sources.

5. Brimstone

Brimstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Quick note, if it helps re the difference between model numbers for comparison (32/36ZP...):

38 - old model, PictureFrame 2 (black surround)
    48 - new model, PictureFrame 3 (silver)

46 - PF3 no 5.1 or speakers (just nicam)
    48 - PF3 built in 5.1 inc ext speakers

Cheers, Brim.