Toshiba 36zp38 remote shortcut

Tony 21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a shortcut on this remote that can make the tv go to Ext 4 when swiching on instead of having to scroll through the buttons?
Thanks.

Basically No, And I agree it is a pain:thumbsdow

However the quality of the set more than makes up for this inconvenience.

Tony 21 said:
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a shortcut on this remote that can make the tv go to Ext 4 when swiching on instead of having to scroll through the buttons?
Thanks.

It is a bit of a pain, my previous TV (15 yo panasonic) would automatically switch to AV input when DVD player was switched on. :cool:

Which will still happen if your DVD is connected via SCART. (Because SCART has a signal cable included).

Using Component video input, which is what goes into EXT4, no signal is sent, and hence you have to manually select the correct channel.

Does this telly have 3 scart inputs ? if so would the following be easier ? Connect scart out of DVD to scart 3 on the tv. If my plan works (and it might not !) switch on the dvd and the tv should 'go' to external 3 - then press 'external select' on the tv remote and it should go to the 'next one up' ie, ext 4. Pretty sure this would work on my ZP48 and may work on your ZP38 if it is similar. Not quite what you wanted but reduces the 'problem' to simply switching the dvd on using the remote control and then one press on the remote control ? as i say, might not work but worth a try if you have a spare scart lead (with wiring for remote signaling). Regards, yt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom