Toshiba 36ZP38 picture problems

pksmith

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Tosh is just over 3 years old and I've just started to experience picture problems which appears to be the dreaded DFS module. I have just started to correspond with Toshiba who I believe will offer to send the part to an authorized engineer free of charge. I've added a couple of jpegs showing the problem. I am right is saying its definately the DFS? Do Toshiba insist on a report or will they take it on face value as it seems to be a common fault with this model?

Attachments

• DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 62
hi
you will have to pay the fitting of this part around 60-150 depending on who you get, yes it seems to be common try surching this great forum and you will see
all the best,
merry christmas

I am right is saying its definately the DFS? Do Toshiba insist on a report or will they take it on face value as it seems to be a common fault with this model?

You may as well call a local engineer to confirm it but from the pics I would say yes it does look like it.
You will need an engineer to replace the module anyway so agree a price with him as regards labour charge and then phone Toshiba...if they request an engineers report you can then ask him to speak to them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom